Sunday 25 September 2011

My Very First Blog (Ever!)

Hello everyone, no one, and you at the back. Let me first begin with the story of how I came up with the name of my blog....

My bestfriend Toni and I were wandering around town some time in 2009 and decided that, seeing as we were poor and the clothes shops had nothing of interest in, we would go to the museums. After a while of perusing the exhibits in Manchester Museum we stopped off at the gift shop where we discovered a children's book about an elephant that didn't know how to ride a bike ('Sidney The Little Blue Elephant' by Sharon Rentta) and we were instantly intrigued! Toni sat down on the floor while I perched on the edge of a table and proceeded to read her the story; I was no more than three pages in when I looked up to see that I had acquired three more eager listeners; three children. Three random children had been deposited by their parents, in a gift shop, with what (I assume) they thought was a member of staff partaking in story time.

After supressing a laugh I finished the story and received a round of applause (Toni was the instigator of this of course). We quickly gathered our things and rushed out of the gift shop leaving a small crowd of confused people in our wake as we ran away laughing. Ever since I have been obliged (or forced by Toni... I'm kidding, I love it!) to chose a child's book whenever we are in a bookshop and read it to her.

And thus Story Time With Jess was born! 

I intend to use this blog as another outlet for my stories, other stories that have either inspired me or that I just think you need in your lives, competitions, and the occasional picture of moustaches (only if I see one that wows me... maybe). 

Anyway, enough from me for now, until next time! 
Jess.

Oh and don't worry; Sidney did indeed learn how to ride his bike (with help from mouse, frog and hippo friends - who else!) but alas, we haven't gathered any crowds since though... maybe I'm losing my touch? 

No comments:

Post a Comment