Thursday 30 August 2012

HOORAY!

Awesome news friends, readers, and people who have stumbled across this page and are now baffled... I got another story published! HOORAY!! I am a-buzz with excitement! I am smiling so much that my face is actually hurting a little bit...The lovely people at Cafe Lit have decided that they like my story enough to put it on their website for the foreseeable future. So feel free to have a click on the title below and have a read!

 by Jessica Cooke 

(I realise I don't need to put my name up there, but it feels wrong not doing it! So there it will stay.)

My story was originally a homework piece for my short fiction class back at university, the assignment was to do a modern day rewrite of the story of Echo and Narcissus by Ovid but I won't give any more away or spoil it!


So I have to say a huge thank you(!!) To Cafe Lit for being wonderful enough to give my story a chance. 

One of the things I like best about Cafe Lit is that it puts a quirky spin on the typical creative publishing websites, in particular; each story that is sent in is assigned the name of a drink that reflects the nature of the story. For example; a dark piece of fiction might be called an Espresso, a light, heartwarming story might be a Hot Chocolate. I even read a story that was a 'Shot of Whiskey' - that was definitely hard hitting.

Hope you enjoy it.
x

No comments:

Post a Comment