Friday 14 December 2012

Happiness

This is just a brief post to tell you about something that made me exceptionally happy; two weeks ago I went back to the nursery to visit my former work mates and have a nice catchup on each others lives, and it was lovely! Nathan actually ran into the room, arms open, shouting 'YAY' and nearly strangled me with a hug (yes, I'm talking about a grown boy here, not one of the children) - which I have to admit; made me smile lots.  

After a good old catch up - and promises of nights out - I went into the nursery to say hello to some of the children who I used to work with and couldn't believe the amount of cuddles I got off the those that remembered me. One little girl flung her arms round my neck with the biggest smile on her face, a little boy wouldn't leave me alone and instead chose to lie on me (and then stand infront of me so others couldn't have me: awwwh!). Another little girl was pretending to be shy; standing next to me until I turned around and offered her a cuddle and then running away... after a while she decided she wanted to play and I was in the kitchen being served dinner; 'Juice and water for you!' 


I stayed a played some games with them for a while before I had to force myself to say goodbye, give them all another great big cuddle, and leave. Before I left I got to see one little boy that I hold very dear to my heart and received two lovely cuddles. I was absolutely overjoyed that he remembered me! I felt my heart swell in my chest, and I may have cried a little after I left. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that working at the nursery was the best job I've ever had; I adored working with the children and I made some great friends.

It is things and moments like these that make me realise that I've let my goals and dreams slip out of my main line of focus. I keep telling myself that I don't know what I want to do with my life, because I am confused; just say I take the wrong path and end up hating whatever I do a few years down the line and have to start all over again from scratch? Or just say that I try and I never succeed? But then a voice inside me says that none of that matters as long as you're doing something along one of the paths and it makes you happy. 

Time to get things in some kind of order.





1 comment: