Tuesday 17 April 2012

World Book Night Update!

I officially have my books! HURRAH! I am now the proud owner foster parent of twenty four copies of Roald Dahl's 'Someone Like You'. They are the prettiest books I've ever seen, they even have a sonnet printed on the inside of the back cover to commemorate William Shakespeare (in birth and death) as the date was chosen specifically because of him. i won't tell which sonnet is in this book, but it complements the overall theme of the collection perfectly! I tried to suss it out beforehand but just couldn't!

Anyway; I got a little camera happy and took many photographs of them:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I was so excited that I ripped open the packaging and then sat in awe (and mass amounts of mockery from my friends; damn them).



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

After writing my name, point of pickup, and the unique Book Crossing tracking number in them all, I stacked them up and took another photo. They ARE on a table as well as myself being sat on the floor when I took this. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
 

Being the nerd I am I decided that I wanted some pictures of the books in the daylight (as flash and the yellow glow from the houselights distorted the image too much), so there we have it! My beautiful World Book Night books that I just cannot wait to give out!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This one even jumped into my bag and is dying to get out into the world and bring someone the same happiness that it (and it's brothers) has brought me.

I really am hoping that this 'random' approach to giving them out will work as well as it does in theory! If someone were to, randomly, hand me a book in the middle of the street, or a pub/cafe, or if I were so lucky to stumble across one in my city (which Lord knows I pray for on a daily basis) I would be overjoyed! I would read it, treasure it, no doubt blog about it... I hope that other people share my enthusiasm on the day! I have a lot planned for the day! More information tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment